If you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious vegan, vegetarian, and low-fat meal, this zesty summer squash and bow-tie pasta dish is an excellent choice. This dish is packed with flavor and is completely dairy-free. The zucchini and yellow squash give the pasta a fresh and light flavor while the shallots add a nice sweetness. The honey and dill weed give it a unique zesty edge. Serve this dish with a side of roasted vegetables for a healthy and satisfying dinner.
For 6 people
- 2 - Dried bow-tie pasta
- 1 - Zucchini - thinly sliced
- 1 - Yellow squash - thinly sliced
- 1/4 - Shallots - finely chopped
- 2 - Butter or margarine
- 3/4 - Chicken broth
- 1/4 - Lemon juice
- 1 - Cornstarch
- 1 - Honey
- 1/2 - Dried dill weed
- 1/8 - Salt
- 2 - Parmesan cheese - finely shredded (or parmesan cheese alternative)
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan according to the instructions on the package, adding the zucchini and yellow squash for the last three minutes.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables, returning them to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, cook the shallots in hot margarine in a smaller saucepan until they become tender.
- In a small bowl mix together the chicken broth, lemon juice, cornstarch, honey, dill weed and salt. Pour the mixture over the shallots and cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for two minutes longer then pour the mixture over the pasta and vegetables. Toss gently to coat everything.
- Before serving, sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the dish.
This zesty summer squash and bow-tie pasta is a great way to make a vegan, vegetarian, and low-fat meal. It is full of flavor and is sure to be a hit with the entire family. Serve this delicious dish with a side of roasted vegetables for a healthy and satisfying dinner.