This is a hearty one-dish meal, especially wonderful to come in to after skiing or sledding. Put the soup on the stove in the morning and after a long and leisurely breakfast, go outside. When the cold becomes too much, your soup will be ready. Enjoy a flavorful and comforting meal with this delicious curried sweet potato apple pilaf.
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons - Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup - Chopped Green Onions
- 1 - Garlic Clove -- Minced
- 1/2 Cup - Uncooked Long-Grain Rice
- 1 Cup - Water
- 2/3 Cup - Sweet Potato -- Peeled And Diced
- 1 Cup - Granny Smith Apple -- Peeled And Cubed
- 1/4 Cup - Frozen Green Peas
- 2 Tablespoons - Currants
- 3/4 Teaspoon - Curry Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon - Salt
- Begin by heating the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped green onions and minced garlic, sautéing for one minute.
- Stir in the long-grain rice and sauté for another minute. Add the cup of water and sweet potato and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover the pot and reduce the heat, simmering for fifteen minutes, or until the liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Add in the cubed apple, frozen green peas, currants, curry powder, ground cumin, and salt. Cover and simmer for three more minutes, or until the mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Serve hot and enjoy the flavors of this delicious pilaf!
This curried sweet potato apple pilaf is a great meal to enjoy on a cold winter day. With its flavors of curry and cumin, this meal is sure to warm you up and give you the comfort and nourishment that you need. Enjoy this vegan-friendly meal with friends and family or have it as a cozy solo dinner!.