This is a tasty and easy recipe that also has lots of variations. It is perfect for potlucks, family gatherings, and other special occasions, and is sure to be a hit with even the most picky eaters. The combination of potatoes, olives, capers, olive oil, garlic, and thyme create a wonderful flavor that will have you coming back for more.
- 4 - Russet (Idaho) potatoes
- 24 ounces - Baking potatoes
- 0.5 cup - Olives -mixed or all black, pitted and quartered
- 2 tablespoons - Drained capers, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons - Extra virgin olive oil or more
- 2 - Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon - Chopped fresh thyme or more
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh lemon juice
- 0 - Black pepper
- 0 - Salt
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Scrub and prick the potatoes and bake about 45 minutes or until tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- While the potatoes cook, mix all the remaining ingredients except salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, split open, season with salt and pepper to taste, top with the olive mixture and serve.
This is a great recipe to make if you have company staying with you over the holidays, since you can make it while chatting. Since the veggies are still frozen when you put it in the oven, you might think it would take longer to heat, but it doesn’t. Enjoy this delicious recipe and its variations with your family and friends!