This Asian-Style Vegetable Soup is a nutritious and delicious meal that is sure to please everyone. It is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables with a mix of flavors and aromas. The combination of ingredients like red onion, snow peas, carrot, red pepper, bean sprouts, Napa cabbage, ginger, garlic and more makes this soup the perfect way to get your daily dose of vegetables. Enjoy its delicious flavors and make sure to serve it with a side of brown rice or whole grain bread for a complete meal. You can also adjust the spices and seasonings to your liking for a customized version of this dish.
- 2 teaspoons of peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 of red onion, julienne
- 0.25 pounds of snow peas, cut half on diagonal
- 1 of carrot, julienne
- 1 of red pepper, julienne or yellow pepper
- 0.25 pounds of bean sprouts
- 0.5 head of Napa cabbage, julienne
- 2 teaspoons of ginger, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 quart of nonfat chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 0.5 teaspoon of cayenne
- 0.25 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 dashes of low sodium soy sauce to 3 dashes
- of pepper to taste
- Heat peanut oil or vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add julienne onions and ginger. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add carrots, snow peas, and red or yellow pepper. Cook for a few minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add bean sprouts and Napa cabbage. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken broth or vegetable stock, sesame oil, fish sauce, cayenne, cumin, and soy sauce. Stir to combine.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are cooked through.
- Add pepper to taste and serve.
This Asian-style vegetable soup is a healthy and tasty meal that can be enjoyed at any time of day. It is packed with nutrition and is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables. With a combination of vibrant flavors and aromas, this soup is sure to please the whole family! Perfect for busy weeknights or when you want a light yet flavorful meal, this soup is sure to become a staple in your household. Enjoy!