This vegan vegetable stew has all the flavors of a great comfort food. It’s packed with delicious vegetables and a rich and flavorful red wine sauce. This hearty, healthy dish is perfect for any occasion and is sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it. It’s easy to make and requires minimal ingredients, so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
For 4 people
- 2 tablespoons - Olive oil
- 6 - Shallots
- 3 cloves - Garlic
- 1 - Onion
- 5 - Peeled carrots
- 1 - Peeled turnip
- 3 large - Peeled potatoes
- 1 large - Peeled sweet potato
- 3 - Roasted red bell peppers
- 0.5 cup - All-purpose flour
- 2 cups - Red wine
- 3 cups - Roasted vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon - Chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons - Chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon - Chopped fresh marjoram
- 2 tablespoons - Hot pepper sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot over high heat until very hot.
- Add the shallots and cook until they start to caramelize.
- Add the garlic, toss, and cook lightly for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put all of the diced vegetables in a bowl and toss with the flour.
- Add the vegetables to the stockpot and brown for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the red wine and reduce until about 1/2 cup of liquid remains.
- Add the stock and fresh herbs and cook, covered, until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cayenne sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the stew in a large serving bowl and serve hot.
This vegan vegetable stew is a hearty and flavorful meal that is sure to be a hit with everyone. It’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Make sure to adjust the seasoning to your own tastes, and serve it with some crusty bread or a side of your favorite grains for a complete meal.