Whoever said vegan meals need to be boring and tasteless has never prepared this delicious vegan crockpot dish. Enjoy its earthy flavor and texture from the combination of millet, barley, brown rice and other flavorful ingredients. With only 88 calories per serving, it is a great way to enjoy a healthy and guilt-free meal!
- 1/4 cup - Millet
- 1/4 cup - Barley
- 1/3 cup - Brown Rice
- 1 cup - Onion, chopped
- 1 cup - Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup - Carrots, finely chopped
- 1 can - Canned Kidney Beans, drained
- 8 ounces - Tomato Sauce, salt free or regular
- 1 pound - Canned Tomatoes, chopped, drained, reserving liquid
- 1 1/2 cups - Corn, canned or frozen, drained
- 1 teaspoon - Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon - Dried Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon - Garlic Powder
- Combine all ingredients except the liquid in a crockpot.
- Add water to the reserved tomato liquid and mix to equal 2 1/2 cups.
- Stir the liquid into the grain mixture.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Stir before serving.
This vegan crockpot dish is a delicious and easy meal to prepare that is guilt-free and nutritious. Not only is it low in fat, but it also provides 7 grams of protein per serving and is packed with vitamins and minerals. Serve it as a main dish or as a side and enjoy its earthy flavor and texture!