This vegan Calico Salad is a great way to get a load of fresh vegetables in one bowl. The combination of fresh corn kernels, green bell pepper, celery, diced tomatoes, and marjoram is a great way to enjoy the summer season. The light and tangy cucumber dressing brings the salad together and makes it a great dish to serve for lunch or dinner.
For 6 people
- 2 cups - Fresh corn kernels
- 1 small - Green bell pepper
- 1 cup - Thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup - Diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon - Dried marjoram
- Romaine lettuce
- 0.5 - Red onion, sliced into very thin rings
- 2 tablespoons - White wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon - Grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon - Sugar
- 1 teaspoon - Fresh minced ginger
- 0.25 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 large - Peeled cucumber, quartered
- In a salad bowl, combine the corn, pepper, celery, and marjoram. Toss with the dressing and refrigerate until chilled.
- Line six plates with the romaine leaves, divide the salad among them, and top with the onion rings.
- For the cucumber salad dressing: Place the ingredients in a bowl fitted with a metal blade. Process until the cucumber is in small pieces. Makes about 1/2 cup.
Enjoy this vegan Calico Salad with its fresh and tangy cucumber dressing. It is a great summertime dish to serve for lunch or dinner and can easily be adapted to suit the needs of the season. Add more vegetables or switch up the ingredients to make a salad that is just the way you like it.