It’s time to spice up dinner with a delicious and easy-to-make pineapple chicken dish. This tropical dish is full of sweet and savory flavors that will be sure to tantalize your taste buds. Made with simple ingredients like pineapple chunks, picante sauce, soy sauce and more, this dish will be ready in just an hour. Serve it up with a side of rice for a complete meal.
- 2 cans - Pineapple chunks in juice – 15 1/4 ounce cans
- 3 tablespoons - Picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons - Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon - Worcestershire sauce
- 0.5 teaspoon - Tabasco sauce
- 3 cloves - Garlic
- 1 medium - Onion – chopped
- 1 large - Bell pepper – cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh ginger – minced
- 2 tablespoons - Fresh parsley – minced
- 3 medium - Skinless chicken breasts – split
- 2 tsp - Cajun seasoning
- Mix together all ingredients, except the chicken breasts and Cajun seasoning, until well blended.
- Spray the bottom of a shallow 2 quart baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Season the chicken breasts with the Cajun seasoning and place them on the bottom of the dish.
- Cover the chicken with the pineapple-vegetable mixture and cover the dish with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap and bake the dish, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 325 and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Serve one-half chicken breast for each serving covered with plenty of the pineapple-vegetable mixture. Serve hot.
This colorful and flavorful pineapple chicken dish is sure to please everyone. Not only is it full of flavor, but it’s also so easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and a little time, you can have a wholesome, full-flavored meal that’s sure to be a hit with the whole family. Enjoy!