This traditional Australian bread has been around for centuries and is usually cooked in an open fire. It makes a great addition to any meal and is incredibly easy to make. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make a damper #3 your own kitchen. This recipe features self-rising flour, butter, sugar, milk, and salt. With a little help from your oven, you can make this delicious bread in no time!
For 1 people
- 2.5 cups - Self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 teaspoon - Butter
- 1 teaspoon - Sugar
- 1 cup - Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine the dry ingredients and the butter in a bowl.
- Add the liquid and mix until ingredients are completely combined.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes and shape into a flattened ball.
- Place on a greased and floured baking sheet or in a greased and floured round cake tin. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Optional: If you would like to cook the damper in an open fire, shape into a round using a Dutch oven and cook for desired amount of time.
And there you have it! Damper #3 is a traditional Australian bread that is easy to make and perfect for any meal. Enjoy with butter, honey, jam, or your favorite topping. The possibilities are endless! Don’t forget to share your creation with us by tagging us on Instagram.