This Tex-Mex Rotini Salad Light is a flavorful, vegan and vegetarian-friendly dish. Featuring rotini pasta, kidney beans, corn, green onions, cilantro and sirloin tips, this dish is packed with traditional Mexican flavors. The barbecue sauce and molasses mix is the perfect dressing for this salad. Enjoy a great meal with all of the delicious flavors of Mexican cuisine!
- 8 ounces - Rotini
- 1 1/2 cups - Diced ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 cup - Cooked red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup - Corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup - Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup - Chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup - Barbecue sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons - Cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons - Molasses
- 1 teaspoon - Minced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 ounce - Baked tortilla chips (about 12)
- 1 1/2 cups - Sirloin tips, cooked and diced
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook rotini for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but firm; drain. Rinse under cold running water; drain. In a serving bowl combine pasta, tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, coriander, green onions, and sirloin tips.
- In a bowl combine barbecue sauce, vinegar, molasses, and chile pepper (if using); whisk well. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat well. Garnish with crumbled tortilla chips. Serve.
- VARIATION: Omit crumbled tortilla chips. Serve the salad with a low-fat cheddar cheese quesadilla.
This light, vegan and vegetarian Tex-Mex Rotini Salad is a great way to enjoy the flavors of Mexican food. With the addition of sirloin tips, this dish is rich, hearty and delicious! We thought that the tea sauce would make an interesting salad dressing. Enjoy this great meal with all of the flavors of Mexican cuisine.