When it comes to Italian desserts, the macedonia is one of the most popular. It’s a combination of cut fresh or dried fruits served as a salad. Dressed with sugar, jam or marmalade, and a splash of liqueur, wine or fruit juice, it’s the best way to use up fruits that are not visually perfect. This Fall Fruit Salad is the perfect example of this traditional Italian dessert. It combines apples, bananas, oranges, orange marmalade, and orange juice for a tantalizing flavor that will leave your guests wanting more.
- Place all the fruits in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the orange marmalade and orange juice.
- Gently stir the marmalade and juice mixture into the fruits.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for one to three hours.
- When ready to serve, give the salad a final stir and enjoy!