This delicious, quick and easy recipe for Swiss Chard with Onions is a great way to enjoy the unique flavor of Swiss Chard. With just a few variations, you can make it something special. Adding fresh fruits will give it an extra special dimension and make the flavor more interesting. Enjoy this simple side dish that is packed with nutrition.
- 1 tsp - Olive Oil
- 2 cups - Thinly Sliced Onion
- 8 cups - Torn Swiss Chard
- 1 tsp - Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp - Salt
- 1/8 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup - Fresh Fruit (choose from among oranges, grapefruits, plums, nectarines or cantaloupe)
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the thinly sliced onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the Swiss Chard to the skillet and stir-fry for 10 minutes or until wilted.
- Stir in the Worcestershire Sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Add the fresh fruit to the skillet and stir-fry for a few minutes longer.
- Serve the Swiss Chard and Fruit mixture warm.
This easy to prepare dish boasts of a unique and delicious combination of Swiss Chard and fresh fruit. It is a nutritious side dish that can be served alongside any main course. The addition of fresh fruit gives it a delightful sweetness and makes it a wonderful accompaniment to any meal. Enjoy this simple yet flavorful dish!