This delicious and healthy recipe for the Sunset Yogurt Salad is the perfect summer treat. The combination of flavors from the orange Jello, lowfat yogurt, pineapple, and carrots creates a delicious and refreshing salad. This salad is full of nutrition and will be sure to be a hit with the whole family. It is so simple to make, and can be served as a side salad or as a light meal. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!
For 10 people
- 2 Pkg. - Orange or Lemon Jello Sugar-Free
- 2 Cups - Boiling Water
- 8 Ounces - Lowfat Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup - Cold Water
- 1 Can - Crushed Pineapple - Undrained in Unsweetened Juice
- 1 Cup - Shredded Carrots
- Begin by dissolving the gelatin in the boiling water. Measure out one cup of the gelatin into a medium mixing bowl and chill until it is slightly thick.
- Stir in the yogurt, and then pour the mixture into a medium serving bowl. Chill until it is set, but not firm.
- To the remaining gelatin, add the cold water. Add the pineapple with juice, and shredded carrots. Chill until the mixture is slightly thick.
- Spoon the pineapple-carrot mixture over the gelatin-yogurt mixture, and chill until it is firm, about 4 hours.
- Garnish with a carrot curl, celery leaf, and pineapple slice, and enjoy!
This light and refreshing salad is a great way to get in some extra nutrition without sacrificing flavor. It is a wonderful summer treat that can be served as a side dish or as a light meal. Enjoy!