This sun-dried tomato pesto pasta is an easy to make dinner that is full of flavor. It’s a great option for busy weeknights, as it only takes minutes to prepare. Penne pasta is used as the base and is covered in a tasty sun-dried tomato pesto sauce. To make it even better, the dish is finished with fresh basil and shrimp. It is sure to become a family favorite.
For 4 people
- 8 ounces - Penne Pasta
- 1 tablespoon - Olive Oil
- 0.25 cup - Sliced Green Onions with Tops
- 14 ounces - Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons - White Wine
- 0.25 cup - Chicken Stock
- 4 tablespoons - Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 0.5 teaspoon - Unsalted Butter
- 0 - Chopped Fresh Basil
- 0 - Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the penne and cook until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through. Add the onions and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add the white wine to the skillet and bring to a boil. Add the chicken stock and reduce by half. Add the sun-dried tomato pesto and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the butter and stir until the sauce glistens. Add the cooked penne and toss to coat. Serve the dish in a wide pasta bowl and garnish with fresh basil and freshly cracked pepper.
This Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Shrimp Pasta is a meal that will satisfy everyone. It’s delicious, healthy, and easy to make. Serve it with a side of steamed vegetables or a salad to complete a nutritious and tasty dinner. With its wide variety of flavors and textures, this dish is sure to become a family favorite. Enjoy!