Stir-frying is an ancient method of cooking that originated in China out of necessity. Cut ingredients into small pieces and cook them quickly to make a delicious, low-fat stir-fry meal. In this recipe, learn all the tips and tricks to becoming a stir fry master from cutting edge care to skillet savvy. Then, create a stir fry magic with your favorite ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons - Sesame oil
- 1 chopped - Onion
- 2 minced - Garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon - Ginger root
- 1 sliced - Red bell pepper
- 1 sliced - Green bell pepper
- 1 cup - Broccoli florets
- 1 chopped - Chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons - Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons - Rice vinegar
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
- Then, add the bell peppers and cook for another 3 minutes. When the vegetables have softened, add the broccoli florets and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Finally, add the soy sauce and rice vinegar and stir until everything is combined. Serve hot over cooked white or brown rice.
Stir-frying is an easy and delicious way to make a healthy meal. With the right ingredients and preparation, you can create a flavorful, low-fat stir-fry in no time. Don’t forget the tips and tricks for using knives and skillets properly to make the most of your stir-fry and variations of the meal to make your dish unique. Have fun with your stir-fry, get creative and enjoy!