Autumn is a wonderful time of year as the leaves start to turn and the air begins to cool. Celebrate the season with this delicious and comforting Spicy Autumn Apple Crisp. This scrumptious dessert combines the sweetness of apples and pears with the spice of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Topped with a gingersnap cookie crumb mixture, this delicious dessert is sure to be a hit.
For 9 people
- 9 grams of gingersnap cookies (such as Nabisco)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar of
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar of
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour of
- 1/4 cup chilled butter or stick margarine of (cut into small pieces)
- 3 1/2 cups chopped peeled Granny Smith apple of (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peeled Bartlett pear of (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates or golden raisins of
- 1/4 cup molasses of
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon of
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger of
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg of
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves of
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place gingersnap cookies in a food processor and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form; combine cookie crumbs, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and flour in a medium bowl.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Combine chopped apples and pears, dates or golden raisins, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl; toss well.
- Spoon apple mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish or a 1-1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Autumn is a wonderful time of year full of warm and comforting flavors. Celebrate the season with this delicious Spicy Autumn Apple Crisp. This flavorful dessert combines the sweetness of apples and pears with the spice of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Topped with a gingersnap cookie crumb mixture, this easy to make dessert is sure to be a hit with the whole family! Enjoy!