This smoked turkey salad is a great way to enjoy a light, flavorful and healthy meal. It’s made with smoked turkey, grapes, couscous, arugula and a few other ingredients. The grapes and grapefruit juice make a wonderful combination that adds a touch of sweetness to the salad. The couscous and arugula make it filling and the toasted walnuts give it a crunchy texture. This salad is perfect for a light lunch or dinner on warm summer days.
For 4 people
- 1 2/3 cups - Water
- 1 cup - Couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon - Ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons - Minced fresh parsley leaves
- 3/4 pound - Smoked boneless turkey breast – cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups - Red seedless grapes – halved
- 1/4 cup - Fresh red or pink grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup - Packed fresh basil leaves – washed well, spun dry, and cut into thin strips
- 2 cups - Arugula – (packed), washed well and spun dry, coarse stems discarded
- 2 tablespoons - Walnuts – toasted and chopped
- In a small saucepan bring water to a boil and stir in couscous. Cover pan and let couscous stand 5 minutes. Stir in cumin, parsley, and salt to taste with a fork and cool couscous mixture to room temperature.
- In a bowl toss turkey, grapes, juices, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange arugula on 4 dinner plates and divide couscous among them. Top couscous with turkey mixture and drizzle any liquid remaining in bowl over salads. Sprinkle salads with walnuts.
This smoked turkey salad is the ultimate healthy lunch or dinner. It’s a great way to get your daily dose of greens and proteins in one delicious meal. It’s also a great way to use up smoked turkey leftovers and make something new and delicious. Serve this salad with a slice of crusty bread for a complete meal. Enjoy!