These Shiitake mushrooms made with a delicious Japanese-style sauce will give your meal an oriental flair. With just a few ingredients like fresh shiitake caps, dark soy sauce, mirin, sugar, and good-quality sake, you can create a tasty side-dish or appetizer that will be the star of the show. Preparing it is quick and easy, making it perfect for busy days. Serve it with grilled meats or as part of a salad for a delicious meal.
- 30 - Fresh shiitake caps
- 2/3 cup cup - Good-quality sake
- 4 tablespoons tablespoons - Dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tablespoons - Mirin
- 2 tablespoons tablespoons - Sugar
- Clean the mushroom caps and remove the stems.
- In a saucepan, combine the sake, soy sauce, mirin, and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the mushrooms.
- Simmer for 7 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms and use immediately for a salad or cool and use later with grilled meats.
This Shiitake mushrooms with a Japanese-style sauce is a great addition to any meal. With just a few simple ingredients and easy steps, you can create a flavorful and delicious side-dish or appetizer in no time. Enjoy with grilled meats or in a salad for an oriental flair to your meal!