This Saute of Chicken, Leeks and Mushrooms is a delicious and healthy meal that is easy to prepare and full of flavor. It is prepared by sauteing chicken thigh, leeks, mushrooms, white wine, chicken broth and tarragon together, then adding a creamy sauce and serving them over hot brown rice. The result is a flavorful, beautiful dish that can be enjoyed by the whole family. With the right ingredients and proper preparation, this meal will become one of your favorites.
- Remove the roots, outer leaves, and tops from the leeks. Rinse the leeks under cold running water; cut into 2inch julienne strips to measure 1 cup and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Melt the margarine in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and sauté for 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add the leeks to the skillet, cook for 3 minutes or until they are soft.
- Pour in the white wine and chicken broth, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, turning the chicken once.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside, keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms to the leek mixture; cook over high heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in the evaporated skim milk, tarragon, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes or until the sauce is thick.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the hot brown rice.