Tacos are a popular Mexican dish which can be filled with a variety of ingredients. This recipe for rolled chicken tacos is a great choice for a weeknight meal. Made with shredded chicken, green chili salsa, corn tortillas and lettuce, it’s a delicious and nutritious meal. Follow this easy recipe and enjoy a delicious Mexican feast!
For 6 people
- 2 pounds - Chicken breasts, boned and split
- 2 cups - Green chili salsa
- 12 - Corn tortillas
- 3 cups - Lettuce, shredded
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Rinse the chicken breasts and place in a casserole dish. Pour the salsa over the chicken, cover the dish and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, shred the chicken and return to the sauce. Reheat the mixture when you're ready to use it.
- Take 1/12 of the mixture and place in a warmed corn tortilla. Roll up the tortilla and serve on a bed of shredded lettuce.
- Enjoy your rolled chicken tacos!
Rolled chicken tacos are a delicious and nutritious Mexican feast that you can make in no time! This recipe is sure to become a regular in your family’s meal rotation. The combination of shredded chicken, green chili salsa and lettuce makes it a satisfying meal. Serve it with a side of Mexican rice or black beans and you have a complete meal that the whole family will love!