Razzleberry Trifle is an amazing dessert that is sure to be a hit with everyone. It’s made with fresh strawberries, raspberries, sugar, a vanilla pudding mix, fat-free cake slices, raspberry jam, light whipped topping and nonfat vanilla yogurt. The combination of these ingredients is simply divine! The pudding and fruit mixture is layered between each slice of cake and topped with a swirl of whipped topping and yogurt. After chilling for a few hours, the flavors have time to meld together and you can really appreciate all the different flavors in this delicious trifle. Give this recipe a try and you won’t be disappointed!
- 2 1/2 cups - Sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup - Fresh or frozen (thawed) raspberries
- 2 Tbsp. - Sugar
- 1 package - Regular or instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups - Skim milk
- 10 slices - Fat-free loaf cake
- 1/4 cup - Low-sugar raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup - Light whipped topping
- 3/4 cup - Nonfat vanilla yogurt
- Combine the sliced strawberries, raspberries and sugar in a medium bowl, stirring to mix well.
- Allow the fruit mixture to sit for 20 minutes to let the juices develop.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding mix according to the package directions using the skim milk.
- If using a regular pudding mix, let the pudding chill for 1 to 2 hours before proceeding with the recipe.
- Spread a thin layer of raspberry jam over one side of each fat-free cake slice.
- Arrange the cake slices in a 3-quart trifle bowl or other decorative glass bowl.
- Layer half of the fruit and half of the pudding over the cake.
- Repeat the layers once more.
- In a small bowl, combine the light whipped topping and nonfat vanilla yogurt, stirring to mix well.
- Swirl the topping mixture over the top of the trifle.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
This Razzleberry Trifle is a wonderful dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It’s full of delicious flavors and is sure to be a hit with everyone. Plus, it’s easy to make and you can make it ahead of time. So, give this great recipe a try and enjoy! Nutritional values per serving: 191 calories, 1 gram of fat, 5.4 grams of protein, 1 milligram cholesterol, 1.5 grams of fiber and 221 milligrams of sodium.