Monkey Rolls are a type of bread dough that have been coated with buttery, cinnamon-and-sugar. The dough is shaped into a ring and baked into a delicious and unique treat. This recipe will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to make Pumpkin Cranberry Loaves; a flavourful and easy-to-make bread that will make a delicious addition to any meal.
For 1 people
- 2 cups - Unsifted all purpose flour
- 2 tsp - Baking powder
- 0.5 tsp - Baking soda
- 0.75 tsp - Salt
- 0.5 cup - Heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons - Bourbon
- 3 large - Eggs
- 1 tablespoons - Vanilla extract
- 1 cup - Canned solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 1 cup - Cranberries - chopped
- 0.5 cup - Raisins - chopped
- 0.25 cup - Shelled unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoons - Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-5/8 inch loaf pans. Line bottoms with waxed paper. Grease paper and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. With an electric mixer at low speed, beat until well blended.
- Add cream, eggs, bourbon, vanilla and pumpkin. With mixer at low speed, beat just until dry ingredients are evenly moistened. With mixer at medium speed, beat just until batter is smooth, about 15 seconds.
- Stir in cranberries, raisins and pumpkin seeds.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two pans. If desired, sprinkle top of batter in each pan with additional 1 tablespoon of unsalted pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Run knife around edges of loaves; turn out onto racks. Turn upright and let cool completely.
Monkey Rolls are a unique and delicious treat that are sure to please. Enjoy the sweet and savory flavours of this bread and have a lot of fun making them! With this easy-to-follow recipe, you’ll be able to make these wonderful Pumpkin Cranberry Loaves in no time. Be sure to share these with friends, family, and loved ones to enjoy!