At our chili cookoff we went through 3 loaves of this delicious corn bread in about 10 minutes! It’s the perfect side dish for any chili feast, and it’s so easy to make. You’ll be sure to make it a staple in your dinner rotation.
- 2 3/4 cups - Bread flour
- 1 cup - Cornmeal
- 1 cup - Whole kernel corn
- 1 - Egg
- 1 tablespoon - Butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon - Salt
- 2 tablespoons - Sugar
- 1 tablespoon - Honey
- 1 1/4 cups - Warm water
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, stir together the bread flour, cornmeal, whole kernel corn, egg, butter, salt, sugar, and honey.
- Slowly add the warm water and stir until the mixture is evenly combined. It should have a thick, cake-like consistency.
- Grease a baking pan with cooking spray or butter. Pour the cornbread batter into the pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. If a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, it's ready.
- Allow the cornbread to cool before serving. Enjoy!
This delicious corn bread is the perfect side dish for any chili feast. It’s full of flavor, and it’s so easy to make. With a few simple ingredients and a little time, you’ll be sure to make this a staple in your dinner rotation!