Okra succotash is the perfect way to celebrate the summer harvest of okra and tomatoes. This hearty vegetable stew is packed with nutrition and flavor. With only a few simple ingredients and steps, you can enjoy this healthy, vegan-friendly meal in no time. It’s perfect for those busy nights when you need something quick and easy.
- 1 tablespoon - Canola oil
- 2 - Onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup - Chopped green peppers
- 2 ribs - Chopped celery
- 2 cups - Peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups - Corn
- 2 cups - Sliced young okra
- 1 - Bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add canola oil to a large saucepan. Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, peppers and celery. Saute until vegetables are soft.
- Add tomatoes, corn, okra, and bay leaf. Stir the mixture together.
- Simmer the mixture, uncovered, for one hour. Stir occasionally.
- Season the succotash with salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mixture.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
This succotash is an excellent way to enjoy the summer harvest. It’s a hearty vegetable stew that is full of flavor and nutrition. It can easily be made vegan-friendly by omitting the canola oil and using vegetable stock in its place. Whether you are looking for a quick meal or something to impress your family, this okra succotash is sure to please. Enjoy!