Minestrone Alla Milanese is an Italian-style soup that is full of vegetables and beans, and is flavoured with basil, rosemary and a bay leaf. This hearty soup is a great way to enjoy a healthy and balanced meal that is vegan-friendly. If you’re looking for a flavourful and comforting soup, this recipe is sure to please. Plus, it’s easy to make in a slow cooker.
For 10 people
- 29 ounces - Reduced sodium beef broth
- 14 1/2 ounces - Diced tomatoes
- 1 cup - Diced potato
- 1 cup - Green cabbage
- 1 cup - Carrots
- 1 cup - Sliced zucchini
- 3/4 cup - Chopped onion
- 3/4 cup - Green beans
- 3/4 cup - Celery
- 3/4 cup - Water
- 2 tablespoons - Olive oil
- 1 clove - Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon - Dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon - Dried rosemary leaves
- 1 - Bay leaf
- 15 1/2 ounces - Cannellini beans
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except the cannellini beans and cheese. Mix everything together well.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add the cannellini beans to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove and discard the bay leaf. Optionally, you can garnish the soup with Parmesan cheese.
Minestrone Alla Milanese is an easy and flavourful way to enjoy a healthy, vegetarian meal. With plenty of vegetables and added protein from the beans, it is a great way to get a balanced meal. This soup is also vegan-friendly, and can be made in a slow cooker for convenience. It’s sure to be a hit with the whole family!