Ready for a delicious meal that is sure to tantalize your taste buds? This Lemon Thyme Orzo is a light and refreshing meal that is easy to make and full of flavor. Enjoy the aroma of the thyme and lemon zest as you savor this meal. There’s nothing like a light and delicious dinner to kick off the summer season. Get ready for a new favorite!
- 1 cup - Orzo
- 0.5 cup - Nonfat chicken broth
- 1.5 teaspoons - Lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon - Dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon - Diet margarine
- 0 - Salt and pepper to taste
- 0 - Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Salt the water and add the orzo. Cook until barely al dente, 8 - 10 minutes.
- Drain the orzo and return it to the saucepan. Add the stock, lemon zest, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the margarine and Parmesan just before serving.
This light and refreshing Lemon Thyme Orzo is sure to please your taste buds. Enjoy the aroma of the thyme and lemon zest as you savor this delicious meal. You can modify this recipe by adding more or less salt and pepper, or adding freshly grated Parmesan cheese for a richer flavor. Serve this meal with a side of steamed vegetables for a complete and flavorful meal.