Beets are a great source of vitamins and minerals and are an easy vegetable dish to prepare. This Honeyed Beets recipe is an incredibly simple and tasty way to enjoy this vegetable as a side dish. The combination of honey, butter, and lemon juice really bring out the flavor of the beets. This dish takes only about 10 minutes to prepare and can easily serve 4 people. With a few ingredients and a few simple steps, you can create an amazing side dish that is sure to be a hit.
- 2 tablespoons tablespoon of margarine
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon of cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 dash dash of salt
- 1 can can of beets
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the cornstarch until completely combined.
- Add the honey, water, lemon juice, and salt to the pan.
- Stir the mixture until it thickens and reaches a boil.
- Add the beets and turn to coat them in the mixture.
- Simmer the beets until they are heated through.