This delicious Vindaloo Paste recipe is full of flavor, heat, and Indian spices! It’s easy to make and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Serve it with your favorite dishes to bring an exotic touch to the meal. You can also use it in marinades or as a dip for vegetables. You’ll love the taste of this homemade Vindaloo Paste, so give it a try today!
For 16 people
- 10 of red chili peppers
- 4 tablespoons of finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 of garlic cloves (chopped)
- 8 of garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 0.5 teaspoon of fenugreek seed
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seed
- 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons of oil
- 2 cups of finely chopped onion
- 1 pound of tomatoes (peeled)
- 8 of cardamom pods (seeds only)
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind or pound the chili peppers, half of the ginger, chopped garlic, fenugreek, mustard, and cumin to a paste. Add the vinegar and mix together.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and fry until golden. Then, add the tomatoes and cook until they are mushy.
- Stir in the spicy paste you have already made, add the remaining ginger and spices, and cook for about 5 minutes or until the oil separates from the mixture.
- Let the Vindaloo Paste cool and store it in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
Vindaloo Paste can be used in a variety of dishes to add flavor and heat. It’s easy to make and stores well in the refrigerator. Give this homemade Vindaloo Paste recipe a try and enjoy its tantalizing flavors! Serve it with your favorite dishes or use it as a marinade or a dip. You’re sure to love the taste and aroma of this exotic condiment!