Treat your family and friends to a delicious homemade Parmesan Bread #2! This recipe is easy to follow and is sure to leave everyone satisfied. With a few simple steps and ingredients, you’ll have a delicious, chewy, flavorful crust that will be the perfect side dish for any meal. Enjoy!
- 2 1/4 tsp - Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 tsp - Sugar
- 1 cup C - Warm Water - (105 - 115 Deg F)
- 1 3/4 cup C - Bread Flour
- 1 cup C - Semolina Flour
- 1/2 cup C - Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp - Salt
- 1 tsp - Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp - Semolina Flour
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Place bread flour, 1 cup semolina flour, cheese, and salt in a food processor; pulse 3 times or until blended.
- With processor (or mixer) on slowly add yeast mixture and oil through food chute; process until dough forms a ball.
- Process 40 additional seconds.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 to 4 times.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 deg F), free from drafts, 1 hr 15 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down, divide into 2 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 6 inch round loaf. Place loaves on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with 1 tablespoon semolina flour. Make 2 (1/8 inch deep) diagonal cuts across the top of each loaf. Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray loaves with water. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped, misting loaves every 7 minutes during baking time. Remove loaves from pan; let cool on a wire rack.
- Note: Misting the bread with water gives the crust a chewy texture. Simply fill a clean spray bottle with water and spritz bread frequently during baking.
This delicious homemade Parmesan Bread #2 has a chewy, flavorful crust that will make the perfect side dish for any meal. With the right amount of salt, sugar, and Parmesan cheese, this bread is sure to be a hit! Serve warm and enjoy!