This delicious BLT pasta salad is a fantastic way to combine nutritious ingredients into a light and refreshing dish that’s packed with flavour. It’s a simple dish that takes only minutes to prepare, and is sure to be a hit with family and friends. The flavours of the cooked macaroni, tomatoes, bacon, lettuce, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, sugar, vinegar and herbs come together in perfect harmony, making it the perfect side dish for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a light lunch or dinner side dish, or something to bring to a potluck or picnic, this BLT pasta salad is sure to please.
For 10 people
- 3 2/3 cups of cooked elbow macaroni (8 oz. uncooked)
- 4 cups of tomatoes (peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped)
- 4 slices of cooked bacon (hickory-smoked, crumbled)
- 3 cups of iceberg lettuce (prepackaged, very thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup of fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoon of cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked macaroni, tomatoes, bacon, and lettuce. Toss gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the macaroni mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.