If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious snack to enjoy at any time of day, these corn muffins are a great choice. They require no added fat and are perfect for vegetarians. The flavors of cornmeal combined with the custardy moist texture make these muffins a great snack for any occasion.
For 10 people
- 1 cup - Whole wheat flour (or white flour)
- 1 cup - Cornmeal (stone-ground)
- 1 tablespoon - Baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 tablespoon - Sugar (up to 4 tablespoons)
- 0.25 cup - Applesauce
- 1 cup - Non-fat yogurt
- 0.5 cup - Skim milk (or skim alternative)
- 3 - Egg whites (lightly beaten)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, allowing a few lumps to remain in the mixture.
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Check after 15 minutes to prevent over baking.
These delicious corn muffins are an easy and healthy snack for any occasion. You can also bake the batter in muffin tins for individually-sized muffins. Enjoy the flavors of cornmeal with the custardy moist texture. If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious snack, give these corn muffins a try!