This ginger orange tuna is a great way to add a little bit of sweetness and some heat to a meal! With the combination of orange juice, marmalade, ginger, and canola oil, this meal is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. It’s a simple and easy to make dish, and it’s sure to make a lasting impression. Serve this dish with a side of steamed veggies for a complete meal.
For 6 people
- 1 cup - Orange juice - freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsps - All fruit orange marmalade
- 2 tbsps - Ginger root - peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon - Canola oil
- 2 lbs - Tuna steak
- 2 cups - Orange - sectioned
- 1 cup - Scallion - chopped
- In a small bowl mix together the orange juice, marmalade, ginger, and oil. Place the tuna in a single layer on a shallow rimmed dish. Pour the marinade over the tuna and marinate for 30 minutes, flipping the tuna once.
- Coat a broiling pan with nonstick spray. Place the tuna steaks on the broiling pan and place the marinade in a heavy medium saucepan.
- Broil the steaks about 6 inches from the broiler for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Add the orange sections and scallions to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Serve the steaks topped with the orange ginger sauce.
This ginger orange tuna dish is sure to please the whole family! Whether you serve it as a main course, or as a side dish, this flavorful meal will add a little something special to your table. With just a few ingredients and a few easy steps, you can whip up a delicious meal in no time. Enjoy!