This Fusilli Salad with Lentils is the perfect combination of flavor and nutrition. Not only is it a delicious and appetizing dish, but it is also vegan and vegetarian friendly! This dish is ideal for a packed lunch or picnic, and is sure to please everyone. The combination of lentils, vegetables and a tasty dressing make it a great choice for any occasion.
- 1/2 cup - Dried lentils
- 8 ounces - Fusilli
- 1 bunch - Green onions
- 4 - Young carrots
- 1 - Red bell pepper
- 1 bunch - Chives
- 1 tablespoon - Red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons - Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon - Hot paprika
- 4 tablespoons - Olive oil
- 4 teaspoons - Creme fraiche or sour cream
- Cover the lentils with plenty of water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium heat for 25-35 minutes until they are tender but not mushy.
- Bring plenty of water to a boil and add salt and fusilli. Cook until the pasta is tender but still firm. Once done, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Clean and finely chop the green onions. Peel the carrots and cut into thin strips. Clean the bell pepper and cut into thin strips. Cut the chives into 1/8 inch pieces leaving a few pieces for garnish.
- Mix the vinegars with salt, pepper and paprika. Whisk in the oil. Drain the lentils and mix with the fusilli, vegetables, and dressing. Season and spoon onto plates. Serve with a share of creme fraiche for garnish.
This Fusilli Salad with Lentils is a great dish for any occasion. Not only is it delicious and flavorful, it is also vegan and vegetarian friendly. Combining lentils, vegetables and a tasty dressing, this dish is sure to please everyone! Enjoy this Fusilli Salad with Lentils as an appetizer or as a packed lunch for a picnic or any other event.