A delicious vegan meal is made with fresh pasta, leeks, and mixed greens. The leeks and greens give the dish a unique flavor and the Olive oil adds a great richness to the dish. The mixed greens also provide a great source of vitamins and minerals. This dish is low-fat and vegan-friendly so it is great for sharing with friends and family.
For 4 people
- 3 tablespoon - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 - Leeks
- 3 Cloves - Garlic Cloves
- 2 Lb - Mixed Greens
- 1 Lb - Pasta
- To Taste - Salt and Pepper
- To Taste - Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a large skillet or stockpot, heat 3 Tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and saute until very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 1 more minute. Do not brown the garlic.
- Add the chopped greens and continue cooking for 5 - 8 minutes, until the greens are soft and tender. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta with salt according to package instructions. Drain and toss with the greens. Moisten the mixture with the additional tablespoon of olive oil (or substitute stock). Season to taste with salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese if desired.
This pasta dish is a great low-fat vegan meal that is sure to delight everyone. The leeks and greens add a great depth of flavour to the pasta, while the olive oil adds a great richness. Enjoy this delicious pasta dish with friends and family and experience the great flavor it provides.