This delicious vegetarian lasagna is the perfect way to enjoy your veggies and get a dose of calcium and Vitamin A. Filled with fresh vegetables, four different cheeses and cooked lasagna noodles, this dish is sure to become a family favorite. Not only is it delicious and full of nutrition, but it is also easy to make and can be served for any occasion.
- 1 package - Frozen spinach
- 2 teaspoons - Vegetable oil
- 2 cups - Fresh broccoli
- 1.5 cups - Carrot
- 1 cup - Green onions
- 0.5 cup - Chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cloves - Garlic
- 0.5 cup - All-purpose flour
- 3 cups - 1% low-fat milk
- 0.5 cup - Grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 0.5 teaspoon - Salt
- 0.25 teaspoon - Pepper
- 1.5 cups - Lowfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup - Mozzarella cheese
- 0.5 cup - Shredded Swiss cheese
- 12 - Lasagna noodles
- Press spinach between paper towels until barely moist and set aside. Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray, add oil and place over medium heat until hot. Add broccoli and next 4 ingredients and saute for 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Place flour in a medium saucepan. Gradually add milk stirring with a wire whisk until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes until thickened, stirring constantly. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and cook an additional minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in spinach. Reserve 1/2 cup and set aside.
- Combine cottage cheese, mozzarella and Swiss cheese and stir well. Spread 1/2 cup spinach mixture in the bottom of a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles over spinach mixture. Top with half of cottage cheese mixture, half of vegetable mixture and half of spinach mixture. Repeat layers, ending with noodles.
- Spread reserved 1/2 cup spinach mixture over noodles and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This Four Cheese Vegetable Lasagna is a delicious and nutritious meal that can be enjoyed for any occasion. Not only is it full of flavor and nutrition, but it’s also easy to make and it’s sure to become a family favorite. Enjoy this lasagna with a salad or a glass of wine to make it a complete and satisfying meal.