This Fennel Sesame Bread is a delicious vegan and lacto recipe that is super simple to make and uses all natural ingredients. It is perfect for any occasion, from a family gathering to a special celebration. It is a unique and flavourful bread that will leave your taste buds delighted. The combination of flavors from the crushed fennel seeds and sesame seeds will make this recipe one you and your guests will enjoy. Give this Fennel Sesame Bread a try and you won’t regret it!
- 1 Tsp - Sugar -- Or Sucant
- 1/4 cup - Lukewarm Water
- 1/4 Oz - Active Dry Yeast -- (2 1/4 Tsp)
- 1/2 cup - Skim Milk -- Lukewarm, Or Rice Milk Or Soymilk
- 3 1/2 cup - All-Purpose Flour -- Unbleached
- 1 cup - Whole-Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp - Salt
- 1 cup - Lukewarm Water -- *Note
- 3 Tsp - Crushed Fennel Seeds
- 3 Tsp - Sesame Seeds
- Cornmeal -- As Needed
- In a large bowl, stir sugar or Sucanat into water. Sprinkle in yeast; stir slightly and set in a warm place until yeast is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Add milk, rice milk or soy milk.
- In medium bowl, mix flours with salt. In 3 to 4 batches, stir flour into yeast mixture. Add lukewarm water gradually, as you may need more or less. (I had to add more then the original 3/4 C) Stir until dough forms stiff ball.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle in fennel seeds and sesame seeds during last minute of kneading.
- Divide dough equally. In lightly oiled mixing bowl, form dough into ball by rolling against sides of bowl. Repeat with remaining dough. Sprinkle small amount of cornmeal on baking sheet; flatten balls slightly on sheet.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rise 2 hours in a warm place (see note).
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F. Bake dough 12 minutes, then lower heat to 350 deg F and bake 30 to 45 minutes more. The bread will be slightly browned and will sound hollow when you tap it on the bottom. Let cool before serving.
This Fennel Sesame Bread is a delicious vegan and lacto recipe that is perfect for any occasion. It is a unique and flavourful bread that will leave your taste buds delighted. Give this Fennel Sesame Bread a try and you won’t regret it! Nutritional facts per serving: Calories 292.1, Fat 2.2g, Carb 63.8g, Fib 6.4g, Pro 8.4g, Sod 520mg, CFF 6.5%. Enjoy!