This rainbow salad is a delightful and healthy meal that is both vegan and vegetarian friendly. This recipe provides a great source of fiber, vitamins and minerals. The combination of red bell pepper, zucchini, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt, cracked black pepper and basil makes this salad colorful and flavorful. It’s perfect for lunch, dinner or as a side dish.
For 1 people
- 1 - Red bell pepper
- 300 grams - Zucchini - green and gold
- 300 grams - Cauliflower flowerets
- 0.5 pint - Cherry tomatoes - punnet
- 1.5 tablespoons - Balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons - Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 large - Basil leaves - very finely shredded
- First, place the capsicum over a flame, under a grill or in a hot oven until the skin blackens and blisters. Turn the capsicum often to ensure even cooking.
- Next, cut the zuchinni into thick slices and boil in lightly salted water until they are firm-tender. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Repeat the same process with the cauliflower. Boil and then drain.
- Peel the capsicum and cut the flesh into narrow strips.
- Assemble the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix together the vinegar and oil and season with salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and top with the shredded basil.
- Let the salad sit for 15 minutes before serving.
This rainbow salad is a great way to get a healthy dose of essential vitamins and minerals. Not only is this a nutritious meal, but it also looks beautiful and tastes amazing. Enjoy this salad on its own or as a side dish to any meal. You can also try steaming the vegetables instead of boiling to give the dish a different texture and flavor. Enjoy!