Are you looking for an easy yet spectacular family meal? Look no further than this delicious popover chicken with mushroom wine sauce. All you need is a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen skills, and you will have a delicious, hearty, and filling meal that everyone will love. The combination of the savory chicken and vegetables, topped with a rich mushroom wine sauce, makes for a truly tantalizing meal that is sure to please.
For 8 people
- 2.5 pounds - Boneless and skinned chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon - Salt and pepper
- 3 - Eggs
- 1.5 cups - Skim milk
- 1 tablespoon - Oil
- 0.5 teaspoon - Salt
- 0.25 teaspoon - Pepper
- 1.5 cups - Flour
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh parsley
- 1 can - Campbell's 98% Fat-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 0.5 cups - White wine
- 0.5 cups - Mushrooms
- 0.5 cups - Carrots
- 1 large - Potatoes
- 1 medium - Onion
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a non-stick skillet that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray, sauté the chicken pieces until they are golden brown on all sides. Next, add the potatoes, onions, and carrots and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften. Season the chicken and vegetable mixture with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil, salt, pepper, flour and parsley and whisk together until all the ingredients are combined. Pour the mixture over the chicken and vegetables in the 9x13-inch casserole dish. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until the batter is puffed and golden brown.
- While the casserole is baking, prepare the sauce. In a pot, combine the mushroom soup, white wine, parsley and stir over low heat to combine. Add the mushrooms, carrots, and potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the mushrooms are softened.
- Serve the casserole with the mushroom wine sauce on top or on the side. For an extra touch, garnish with fresh thyme sprigs.
This delicious popover chicken with mushroom wine sauce is a great way to bring the family together for a filling and easy dinner. The combination of the savory chicken and vegetables, topped with a rich mushroom wine sauce, makes for a truly tantalizing meal that will please all. Not only is this dish an easy and delicious way to feed a family, but it is a great way to share a meal with friends. Serve this casserole with a side of steamed vegetables and a simple salad, and you will have a truly delicious dinner that everyone will love.