These orange glazed tropical fruit scones are a perfect treat for breakfast or a snack. They are made with all-purpose flour, sugar, butter/margarine, milk, eggs, tropical dried fruit bits and vanilla milk chips. The glaze is made with powdered sugar and orange juice, while the spread is apricot preserves or apricot-pineapple preserves. They are easy to make and are sure to wow your guests. Enjoy!
For 8 people
- 2 cups - All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons - Sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons - Grated Orange Peel
- 0.25 cups - Butter Or Margarine
- 0.33 cups - Milk
- 2 - Eggs -- Beaten
- 1 cups - Tropical Dried Fruit Bits
- 0.5 cups - Vanilla Milk Chips
- 1 cups - Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons - Orange Juice -- To 3 Tbsp
- 0.33 cups - Apricot Preserves -- Or Apricot-Pineapple Preserves
- Heat oven to 400F. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and orange peel; mix well.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and eggs; blend well. Stir in dried fruit and vanilla milk chips until well mixed.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough 6 or 7 times until smooth. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a 6-inch circle. With floured knife, cut each circle into 4 wedges. Place wedges 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400F for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough orange juice for desired drizzling consistency; blend until smooth. Drizzle mixture over top and sides of each scone. Cool 5 minutes. If desired, split each scone and spread with 2 teaspoons preserves, or serve preserves n the side. Serve warm.
These orange glazed tropical fruit scones make for a delicious breakfast treat or snack. They are easy to make and are sure to wow your guests. Plus, with a total of 8 scones per batch, there is more than enough for everyone to enjoy! So, be sure to try these delicious scones the next time you have a craving for something sweet and fruity.