Homemade raisin bread is delicious and so easy to make. The sweet and fruity taste of raisins combined with a light and fluffy texture makes it a great breakfast food or a delicious snack. This recipe takes just a few basic ingredients and some time and you have a beautiful loaf of homemade raisin bread. It’s the perfect treat for any occasion and sure to please family and friends.
- 1 1/8 cups - Water
- 2 tablespoons - Margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons - Sugar
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 3 cups - Bread flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons - Yeast
- 3/4 cup - Raisins or variation
- Put all the ingredients (except for the raisins) in your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Some machines have a setting for 'MIX' or 'FRUIT' breads that will make them beep when it's time to add the fruit.
- Add the raisins at the beep.
- Instead of the raisins, you can use any of the variations listed above. Add them at the same time you'd add the raisins.
- Set the bread machine to the desired serving size. For a large (1.5 lb) loaf, use 6 servings and for a medium or small loaf, use 4 or 3 servings, respectively.
- Once the bread is finished, allow it to cool before slicing.
This homemade raisin bread recipe is a great way to enjoy a delicious and healthy snack any time of day. If you’re looking for something a little different, you can always switch up the ingredients and use variations such as apricots, cinnamon, orange peel, or a combination of dried fruit. With just a few simple ingredients and a bread machine, you can have a delicious homemade bread in no time! Enjoy!