This Heart Healthy Chicken Chili is a nutritious and delicious way to enjoy a flavorful meal without compromising on health. Filled with tomatoes, kidney beans, garlic, onion, and flavorful spices, this dish is sure to become a family favorite. Perfect for family dinners or meal prepping, this chili is a surefire way to hit all the right notes.
- 2 pounds - Skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 28 ounces - Canned tomato wedges
- 11 ounces - Tomato paste
- 19 ounces - Canned red kidney beans
- 3 cloves - Garlic
- 1 large - Yellow onion
- 1 large - Red pepper
- 1 large - Green pepper
- 2 stalks - Celery
- 3 tablespoons - Chili powder
- 0.25 teaspoon - Fresh ground pepper
- 0.25 cup - Fat-free chicken broth
- 1 pinch - Chili peppers
- 1 can - Vegetable cooking spray
- Brown the ground chicken in a non-stick skillet and set aside.
- Spray a large non-stick Dutch oven or pot with cooking spray and heat to high.
- Saute the onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the red and green peppers, celery and garlic, continue to saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Pour a little chicken broth (1/4 cup) into the pan to deglaze it.
- Mix the ground chicken with the vegetable mixture and add the tomatoes with their juice, beans, and chili powder.
- Simmer uncovered until chili reaches your preferred consistency and then cover and continue cooking for 2 or 3 hours.
- Add the black pepper and adjust seasonings to taste.
This Heart Healthy Chicken Chili is the perfect way to enjoy a flavorful meal without sacrificing nutrition or flavor. Quick and easy to make and sure to be a hit with the family, this dish is sure to become a regular in your kitchen. Serve it with a side of rice, fresh veggies, or a salad and enjoy!