Whether you’re looking for a light snack, a nutritious breakfast, or something to satisfy your sweet tooth, these fat-free fruit muffins are the perfect option. With a combination of fresh ripe bananas, juicy berries, crunchy nuts and more, you’ll be able to enjoy a breakfast full of flavor and nutrients. Thanks to the oatmeal and egg substitute, these muffins are a low-fat and delicious way to start your day.
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of skim milk
- 1/2 cup of apple juice, thawed frozen concentrate
- 1/4 cup of egg substitute or 1 egg or 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup of ripe banana, mashed or 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup of berries, diced peaches, apples, raisins
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the skim milk, apple juice, egg substitute, and mashed banana or applesauce.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the berries or any other fruit or nuts that you’d like to add.
- Fill a greased muffin tin with the batter, about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes for regular-sized muffins, or 20 minutes for jumbo muffins, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
These healthy, fat-free fruit muffins are quick and easy to prepare, and the perfect way to start your day off with a delicious and nutritious breakfast. Enjoy them plain, or serve with a side of yogurt or a scoop of ice cream for a special treat! However you choose to enjoy them, they’re sure to be a hit with family and friends.