This Fried Rice Stuffed Peppers dish is a great way to bring out the best flavors of pork, shrimp, vegetables and rice. This recipe is easy to make and can be a great meal for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. Simply prepare the fillings with the pork, shrimp, vegetables and rice, stuff the peppers and bake until ready to serve. Enjoy the delicious flavor of this meal with your family or friends!
For 4 people
- 4 medium - Green peppers
- 0.5 cup - Long-grain rice
- 1.25 cups - Water
- 2 cloves - Garlic
- 1 teaspoon - Grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon - Cooking oil
- 0.75 cup - Pork tenderloin
- 0.25 cup - Green onion
- 0.5 cup - Cooked shrimp
- 0.25 cup - Carrot
- 1 - Egg
- 1 tablespoon - Soy sauce
- 0.25 teaspoon - Salt
- 4 - Cooked shrimp
- Cut a 1/2-inch-thick slice from the side of each pepper, leaving the stem intact; reserve slices. Remove seeds from peppers and slices (and white ribs). Cook peppers and slices in boiling water for 5 minutes; invert to drain.
- In a saucepan, combine rice and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer over low heat 20 to 25 minutes or till rice is done and liquid is absorbed (rice should be sticky). Remove from heat.
- In a wok or skillet, stir-fry the garlic and gingerroot in the oil for 30 seconds. Add pork and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add green onion; stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in the rice, shrimp, shredded carrot, egg, soy sauce, and salt. Spoon mixture into peppers. Replace slices atop peppers.
- Place in a 10x6x2-inch baking dish. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or till heated through.
Fried Rice Stuffed Peppers is a delicious and easy to make dish for your next meal. Enjoy the flavor of pork, shrimp, vegetables, and rice in a delicious meal with your family or friends. Plus, this meal is a great one for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. Enjoy this great meal and all of its delicious flavors!