This classic Italian dish is a flavorful combination of eggplant, cheese, and a delicious tomato sauce. It is a favorite in many households because it is easy to make and will please the whole family. Eggplant Lasagna is a great way to use up any leftovers in your refrigerator. It’s also a great vegetarian option for those looking for a tasty meal. This recipe is sure to become a favorite for everyone. Enjoy!
For 12 people
- 1.25 Pounds - Eggplant
- 0.5 Cup - Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons - Parmesan cheese
- 2 Boxes - Frozen chopped spinach
- 16 Ounces - Part-skim ricotta cheese
- 16 Ounces - Lowfat cottage cheese
- 3 Large - Eggs (or Eggbeaters)
- 26 Ounces - Spaghetti sauce
- 16 Ounces - Lasagna noodles
- 16 Ounces - Mozzarella cheese
- Have a 13x9x2 inch baking dish ready.
- Coat a non-stick skillet with Pam and cook the eggplant in batches over medium heat for four minutes per side, or until golden and tender.
- Mix the spinach, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, half cup of Parmesan cheese, and eggs until well blended.
- Spread one cup of sauce evenly over the bottom of the dish. Place three noodles lengthwise on top.
- Cover with half the spinach mixture, half the eggplant, and five slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat for the second layer. Top with the remaining noodles, overlapping them to cover. Pour the remaining sauce and mozzarella on top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining two tablespoons of Parmesan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for one hour, or until bubbling and lightly brown around the edges.
- Let stand for fifteen minutes before cutting into twelve pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
This delicious eggplant lasagna is the perfect dish to make for a family meal. It’s easy to make, delicious, and vegetarian-friendly. Try this delicious recipe today and you won’t be disappointed! Serve with a tossed salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!