These diabetic Christmas cut out cookies are the perfect way to enjoy the holidays without having to worry about your diabetes. With a few simple ingredients, such as cream cheese, almond flavoring, and a sweetener of choice, these cookies are a great, healthy alternative to traditional Christmas cookies. You can also freeze them, so you can enjoy them all throughout the holidays.
For 24 cookies people
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter
- 8 ounces Cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1/2 cup granulated Sugar substitute
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and almond extract and mix until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar substitute, flour, baking powder and salt until well mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Split the dough in half, wrap each half in cling wrap, and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Roll out one half of the dough on a lightly floured surface and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
- Place the shapes onto the prepared baking sheet, about an inch apart, and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
These delicious diabetic Christmas cut out cookies are a great way to enjoy the holidays and still take care of your diabetes. Whether you freeze them for later or enjoy them right away, these cookies will be sure to please. Enjoy making and eating these cookies with your friends and family this holiday season!