This extraordinary date-and-walnut-filled bread with made-to-order omelets is a delectable treat perfect for a weekend brunch. It’s made with a combination of white chocolate, raspberry and pecans and is sure to be an unforgettable experience. With just the right touch of cocoa, this sweet and savory dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
For 8 people
- 0.5 cup - Milk
- 0.25 cup - Water
- 3 tablespoons - Butter or margarine
- 1 large - Egg
- 0.33 cup - Sugar
- 0.25 cup - Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 0.75 teaspoon - Salt
- 2.5 cups - Bread or all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons - FLEISCHMANN'S Bread Machine Yeast
- 0.75 cup - White chocolate morsels
- 0.5 cup - Chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons - Seedless red raspberry jam
- 1 cup - Sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon - Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract
- Measure all ingredients except filling and frosting into the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Process on the dough/manual cycle.
- When the cycle is complete, remove the dough to a lightly floured surface. If necessary, knead in enough flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Roll the dough to a 22 x 6-inch rectangle. With a sharp knife, cut in half lengthwise to make two 22 x 3-inch strips. Spread one-half of the filling down the center length of each strip.
- Fold the long sides of the dough over the filling; pinch seams and ends to seal. Place the ropes, seam sides down, on a greased baking sheet. Twist the ropes together. Form into a wreath; pinch ends to seal.
- Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until risen slightly, about one hour.
- Bake at 350F for 35 to 40 minutes or until done. Remove from baking sheet; cool on wire rack. Drizzle with frosting. Garnish with candied fruit if desired.
There you have it! A beautiful and delicious Chocolate Wreath that is perfect for any special occasion or holiday. Serve with a side of warm omelets and fresh fruit for a delicious, unforgettable brunch experience! With just the right touch of cocoa, this sweet and savory dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.