Challah bread is a traditional Jewish bread that is often served on special occasions. This recipe is made with a breadmaker, white bread flour, margarine, and poppy seeds. This Challah #12 recipe is perfect for a special treat or holiday bread. It is easy to prepare and will be a hit with friends and family.
- 2 1/4 tsp - Yeast
- 3 cups - White bread flour
- 2 Tbsp - Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 1/4 cup - Butter (margarine works)
- 2 - Eggs
- 1 - Egg yolk
- 3/4 cup - Water
- 3/4 tsp - Poppy seeds (if you braid the bread, use these seeds to top it after shaping it)
- Place all of the Challah ingredients into a breadmaker.
- Set the breadmaker to the dough setting.
- Once the dough cycle is complete, remove the dough from the breadmaker and shape it into a loaf.
- If desired, braid the loaf and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Place the shaped loaf on a greased baking sheet.
- Let the shaped loaf rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake the Challah for about 30 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Let the Challah cool before serving.
Challah is a delicious and traditional Jewish bread that is perfect for special occasions. This recipe is easy to make with a breadmaker and will be a hit with friends and family. Enjoy this Challah #12 recipe with margarine and poppy seeds today!