If you’re looking for the classic Southern recipe for Buttermilk Corn Bread, look no further! This delicious recipe is easy to make and is lightly sweet and bakes up golden brown and delicious. It’s been voted the best cornbread EVER by friends and family and it’s sure to be a hit with everyones tastebuds!
For 8 people
- 1 C - All-Purpose Flour -- Unbleached
- 1 C - Yellow Cornmeal
- 0.25 C - Sugar
- 1 Tbsp - Baking Powder
- 0.5 Tsp - Salt
- 2 - Eggs
- 1 C - Buttermilk
- 0.25 C - Unsalted Butter -- Melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Take care not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch springform pan or pie plate.
- Bake in a preheated 400F oven for about 25 minutes until golden around the edges and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting in wedges to serve.
This delicious Buttermilk Corn Bread is a classic Southern recipe that is sure to be a hit with all of your friends and family. It’s lightly sweet and bakes up golden brown and delicious. Serve warm and enjoy!