Burritos are a popular dish in Mexican and Southwestern cuisine. They consist of a flour tortilla wrapped around a savory filling, usually containing some type of meat. Our burrito recipe calls for lean ground beef and is full of flavor thanks to the combination of tomatoes with green chiles, chili powder, and black beans. Serve these burritos with your favorite toppings for a delicious, filling meal.
For 4 people
- 8 10 inch - Flour tortilla
- 1 lb - Lean ground beef
- 2 cup - Chopped onion
- 2 15 oz can - Black beans
- 2 10 oz can - Tomatoes with green chilis
- 4 tsp - Chili powder
- 1 - Chopped green onions
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in a 350° oven for 10 minutes to soften.
- While the tortillas are in the oven, cook the ground beef and onion in a large skillet till the meat is brown and the onion is tender. Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in black beans, undrained tomatoes with chili peppers, and chili powder. Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes or until the mixture has reached your desired consistency.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the filling and set aside.
- Spoon one-eighth of the remaining filling onto each tortilla just below center. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla up and over the filling.
- Fold the opposite sides of the tortilla in, just till they meet. Roll up from the bottom.
- Top with some of the reserved filling and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
Burritos are a great way to enjoy a tasty and nutritious meal. With our recipe, you can make delicious burritos with lean ground beef and all of the traditional Mexican flavors. Serve with your favorite toppings for a filling meal that is sure to please. Enjoy!