This easy vegan black bean soup recipe is a great dish to make for any day of the week. It’s easy to prepare and cook and makes for a comforting, nutritious meal. It has a rich flavor, with a hint of garlic, onion and spices. The combination of black beans and chicken broth creates a thick and comforting dish that’s sure to please. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have dinner on the table in no time.
- 4 cups - Chicken broth
- 6 cloves - Garlic
- 1 medium - Onion
- 1 cup - Celery
- 1 teaspoon - Ground coriander
- 0.25 teaspoon - Ground red pepper
- 0.25 teaspoon - Salt
- 3 cans (15 oz each) - Black beans
- In a medium stockpot, simmer chicken broth, garlic, onion, celery, ground coriander, ground red pepper and salt for one hour.
- In a blender or food processor, puree one can of black beans.
- Add the pureed black beans to the stockpot and stir.
- Add the remaining two cans of drained black beans and heat until warm.
This vegan black bean soup is a great meal for any night of the week! The combination of garlic, onion, and spices makes for a flavorful and comforting dish. Serve with a side of crusty bread or crackers for a complete meal. For a variation, try adding a cup of cooked macaroni or shell shaped pasta to the soup for a heartier meal.